ANZAC Day is held annually on April 25th and traditionally includes commemorations across the country at dedicated war memorials, community precincts and RSL Sub-Branches. ANZAC Day is a national public holiday. Saturday 25th April 2020 is the public holiday in South Australia, no other day is granted as a holiday in this case.
Public health is is the prime consideration in this extraordinary time of world-wide COVID-19 health restrictions. RSL SA/NT regrettably announces the cancellation of the Adelaide ANZAC Day activities:
- State RSL ANZAC Eve Youth Vigil
- Dawn Service
- ANZAC Day March
- Cross of Sacrifice Service
- ANZAC on Torrens Parade Ground
Most RSL Sub-Branches are incorporated bodies and may conduct their own commemorations. They are encouraged by RSL SA/NT to conform to all government directives regarding indoor and outdoor gathering limits and social distancing. Please check with local organisers regarding their current status for cancelled or planned activities.
Remembrance of service and sacrifice are important to our society. You may choose to pay respects in your own personal way.
- Remembering from within your home
- Viewing or listening to media broadcasts and online coverage
- Visiting a local war memorial at any time of the day
- Attending a commemoration that conforms to government regulations
- Visit Virtual War Memorial Australia. Register and contribute pictures and information on your relatives who served Australia on active service.
- Commemorating at the end of your own driveway at dawn