1. The Invictus Games (IG) is an international multi-sport event for wounded, injured or ill (WII) serving and former serving military personnel. HRH Prince Harry initiated the IG following his observations of the Warrior Games in the United States. In 2014 London hosted the inaugural IG involving more than 400 competitors from 13 nations. Orlando hosted the second IG in 2016.
2. The IG will continue in 2017 with the ADF supporting a combined team of 43 serving and former serving athletes to compete in Toronto, Canada from 23–30 September 2017.
3. Sydney will host the fourth IG from 20-27 October 2018. The Sydney Games will attract more than 500 competitors from 18 nations to compete in 10 adaptive sports.
4. Expressions of interest (EOI) for serving and former serving ADF members interested in being considered to be an athlete or coach in the 2018 Australian team are now open. More information and application forms can be found at www.defence.gov.au/events/invictusgames.
5. EOI will be open until 31 October 2017.
6. Athletes will have the opportunity to compete in the following sports at IG18.
• Archery (recurve & compound)
• Athletics (track & field)
• Golf (non-medal event with family and friends)
• Indoor Rowing
• Road Cycling
• Sailing (demonstration sport)
• Sitting Volleyball
• Wheelchair Basketball
• Wheelchair Rugby
7. Combined selection trials and training camps will be conducted during 2017–18. Inquiries regarding 2018 Invictus Games expression of interest should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Officer: Colonel Graham Stewart mailto:email@example.com