THE ROLE OF A RSL-SA REGIONAL COORDINATOR
Regional Coordinators are elected for a period of three years and are eligible for re-election. Their responsibilities include:
- Visiting the Sub-Branches in their Region, on invitation, or on a periodic basis, in order to obtain an appreciation of the Sub-Branch’s operations. This includes attending committee meetings and the AGM. Any difficulties being experienced with aspects of the League’s policy should be identified.
- Act as mediator and advisor to the Sub-Branch President should there be any conflicts within the Sub-Branch, seeking advice from the Chief Executive Officer should the need arise.
- Provide Sub-Branches with guidance and assistance on interpretation of the 'Rules for Sub-Branches'. The Chief Executive Officer should be consulted if the intent of the rules is not clear or there is a need for specific direction on their application.
- Attend scheduled Regional meetings and provide feedback to State Branch on Sub- Branch issues.
- Brief the Chief Executive Officer on matters affecting Sub-Branches in the Region.
- Represent the RSL (on invitation) at Commemorative and other activities organised by Local Government, Community Agencies and Ex-Service Organisations, etc.
- Liaise with the Chief Executive Officer regarding the RSL National Articles of Association, State Constitution and State Legislation, affecting Sub-Branches.
- Participate in State Branch Committees when nominated. These include, but are not limited to :
Aged Advisory Committees
- Encourage Sub-Branches to support State Branch fund raising, membership and recruitment activities.
- Contribute to and uphold the traditions and reputation of the RSL in the local community.
- Promote attendance at the Annual Sub-Branch Conference with the Coordinators Region.6
Region A1 - Adelaide - Geoff Tattersall
Region A2 – Western Metro – TBD
Region A3 - Eastern Metro - TBD
Region A5 – Southern Metro – Rod Murray
Region B1 – Barossa – George Sibenaler
Region C2 - Murray - David Laing
Region D1 - Daly - Garry Brown
Region D2 - Yorke Peninsula - Garry Brown
Region F1 – Chaffey – Bill Button
Region F2 – South East – Neville Dixon
Region G1 – Stanley – TBD
Region H1 – Far North – Colin Cole
Region H3 – Barrier – Bill Vickers