THE ROLE OF RSL SA REGIONAL ADVISERS
Regional Advisers are elected for a period of three years and are eligible for re-election. Their responsibilities include:
- Visiting the Sub-Branches in their Region, on invitation, or on a periodic basis, in order to obtain an appreciation of the Sub-Branch’s operations. This includes attending committee meetings and the AGM. Any difficulties being experienced with aspects of the League’s policy should be identified.
- Act as mediator and adviser to the Sub-Branch President should there be any conflicts within the Sub-Branch, seeking advice from the Chief Executive Officer should the need arise.
- Provide Sub-Branches with guidance and assistance on interpretation of the 'Rules for Sub-Branches'. The Chief Executive Officer should be consulted if the intent of the rules is not clear or there is a need for specific direction on their application.
- Attend scheduled Regional meetings and provide feedback to State Branch on Sub-Branch issues.
- Brief the Chief Executive Officer on matters affecting Sub-Branches in the Region.
- Represent the RSL (on invitation) at Commemorative and other activities organised by Local Government, Community Agencies and Ex-Service Organisations, etc.
- Liaise with the Chief Executive Officer regarding the RSL National Articles of Association, State Constitution and State Legislation, affecting Sub-Branches.
- Participate in State Branch Committees when nominated. These include, but are not limited to :
Aged Advisory Committees
- Encourage Sub-Branches to support State Branch fund raising, membership and recruitment activities.
- Contribute to and uphold the traditions and reputation of the RSL in the local community.
- Promote attendance at the Annual Sub-Branch Conference with the Coordinators Region.6
Regions and Sub-Branches
Region A1 - Adelaide - Vacant
Adelaide, Insurance, Norwood, RAR, SA Peacekeepers, SA Police, Unattached, Unley
Region A2 – Western Metro – Vacant
Henley & Grange, Hilton, Largs Bay, Seaton Park, Semaphore & Port Adelaide, West Croydon & Kilkenny
Region A3 - Eastern Metro - Luke Scott
Gilles Plains & Hampstead, Glynde, Kensington Park, Magill, Payneham, Walkerville
Region A4 - North - Wayne Langford
Elizabeth, Enfield, Kilburn, Northfield, Prospect, Salisbury, Tea Tree Gully
Region A5 – Southern Metro – Rod Murray
Blackwood, Brighton, Colonel Light Gardens, Marion, Mitcham, Morphett Vale, Plympton Glenelg, Port Noarlunga/Christies Beach
Region B1 – Barossa – George Sibenaler
Eudunda, Freeling, Gawler, Kapunda, Mallala, Nuriootpa, Robertstown, Tanunda, Two Wells
Region B2 - Onkaparinga/Barker - Vacant
Aldgate, Echunga, Gumeracha, Lobethal, Macclesfield, Mount Barker, Mount Pleasant, Nairne, Stirling, Strathalbyn
Region C1 - Alexandra - Rod Murray
Goolwa, Kangaroo Island, McLaren Vale, Port Elliot, Victor Harbor, Willunga, Yankalilla
Region C2 - Murray - Graham Fromm
Mannum, Meningie, Murray Bridge, Mypolonga, Tailem Bend
Region D1 - Daly - Vacant
Bute, Balaklava, Crystal Brook, Kadina, Moonta, Port Broughton, Port Pirie, Port Wakefield, Snowtown, Wallaroo
Region D2 - Yorke Peninsula - Vacant
Ardrossan, Edithburgh, Port Victoria, Port Vincent, Stansbury, Yorketown
Region E1 - West Eyre Peninsula - Brad Flaherty
Ceduna, Minnipa, Streaky Bay, Wudinna
Region E2 - South Eyre Peninsula - Brad Flaherty
Cowell, Cummins-Yeelanna, Kimba, Port Lincoln, Tumby Bay
Region E3 - Central - Vacant
Coober Pedy, Port Augusta, Roxby Downs, Whyalla, Woomera
Region F1 – Chaffey –Ray Hartigan OAM
Barmera, Berri, Blanchetown, Loxton, Morgan, Pinnaroo, Renmark, Swan Reach, Waikerie
Region F2 – South East – Neville Dixon
Coonawarra-Penola, Millicent, Mount Gambier, Port MacDonnell, Robe
Region F3 - Victoria - Vacant
Bordertown, Keith, Kingston SE, Lucindale, Naracoorte
Region G1 – Stanley – Vacant
Auburn, Clare & Districts, Brinkworth Koolunga Yacka, Burra, Riverton
Region G2 - Northern Areas - Leon Pollard
Jamestown, Laura, Peterborough
Region H1 - Far North - Robert Shewring
Darwin, Darwin North, Gove Peninsula, Katherine, Palmerston
Region H2 - Central - Robert Shewring
Alice Springs, Tennant Creek
Region H3 – Barrier – Bill Vickers